Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tag Team Blacksmith/Enchanter

There's a lot of waste produced when raising crafting skills. When I was grinding up Blacksmithing, I had more Fel Iron Breastplates and other items than I knew what to do with! I couldn't sell them reliably, so I ended up just vendoring them for a little under 5g each, which is only a little less than they went for on the AH.

Still, there are much better ways to deal with the waste you get from Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, or Engineering. All you need is an enchanter friend or alt. What I recommend doing is when you begin leveling a trade skill, roll an alt as an Enchanter.

Now, as you grind out endless greens and occasional blues to level up your craft, send them to your enchanter to disenchant. Not only does your enchanter get skill ups for doing this, they also get tons of enchanting material. Now, they can keep it, or do what I recommend and SELL it. Enchanting supplies sell far more reliably, and often for more money than what was disenchanted to get it. So, that Fel Iron Plate may not sell well, but the Arcane Dust and occasional Planar Essence or Large Prismatic Shard sure will!

This can be a huge money spinner, or not so huge, depending on how much crafting you do. Still, this is better gold than you're going to get by wasting these items, and it will add up!

No comments: