Tuesday, July 3, 2007

May the Grind Be With You - Shadowmoon Valley's Legion Hold

So, I'm currently in the middle of grinding for Aldor rep, and I've discovered my favorite place to grind that, experience, and items: The Legion Hold in Shadowmoon Valley. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but it bears going over in more detail.

If you're melee, you want to go after the Wrathwalkers. They hit me (warri0r) for about 80-100 each hit, without a shield. They attack slowly, and other than they only cast one spell, maybe once per battle, and it can be easily interrupted. They have low armor and low HP, and I have been cutting through them in under 10 seconds, usually. They drop Marks of Sargeras, which is what I was there for. But they also drop Netherweave like candy -- I got 100 pieces in an hour. I also got 3 decent greens.

I only ever saw a few other people here, and even if there are, there are tons of mobs. Casters, you can probably focus on whichever mobs you want. Just be warned, the Terrormasters cast fear sometimes, which can run you into more mobs, even when they're spaced out as they are here. Otherwise, these mobs are unremarkable in their abilities.

Ranging in level from 67 to 68, this is a great place to farm gold (especially if Netherweave sells well on your server, and it does on most!), and simply grind out levels. I was hitting about 110k xp/hour. Plus, there are Horde/Alliance areas nearby, if you need to junk vendor trash, mail stuff to your banker, or buy more food/water.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great grinding spot! On my 70 Arms Warrior I was plowing through these guys with almost no downtime. Thanks for the tip!